Product Support Specialist provides the second level of support for customers and field representatives. The Specialist will assume ownership of support cases assigned and will follow through until the case has been closed or reassigned to another individual or department. If a question cannot be immediately answered, the Product Support Specialist will be expected to use available material resources and/or consult with product experts to advance the resolution of the issue in a timely manner. Advanced product knowledge and good problem-solving skills are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provide applications and product support to customers as well as the sales and service teams
- Take appropriate steps to bring any open support cases to resolution in a timely manner
- Occasional travel to customer sites for sales support or on-site troubleshooting
- Coordinate with business units to support new product developments and existing product enhancements
- Work with development team in performance analysis of new products and enhancements
- Maintain good relationships with customers, liaising with customers during the incident process to ensure that they are kept informed of progress
- Analyze industry trends and market demands to recommend product enhancements
- Work with support team to provide product support and assistance to customers
- Work with support team to evaluate complex customer problem, identify root causes and derive resolutions
- Guide support team in addressing customer problems within established response time
- Analyze customer suggestions and recommend product revisions
- Support Account Managers in identifying new customers and retaining existing customers for business growth
- Develop knowledge bases and FAQs for product support activities
- Document support activities, customer issues and resolutions for reference purposes
- Develop training materials, policy & procedure manuals and conduct trainings for new hires
- Perform additional functions as requested by management and outlined in the “Roles and Responsibilities” documents
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and suppliers while managing multiple software systems
- Accountable and results driven
- Critical thinker/problem solver
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, and organize time and workload
- Ability to execute successfully in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in navigation of multiple computer applications
- Proficient use of keyboard, mouse and ability to navigate 2 workstation monitors
- Able to multitask efficiently in order to accurately complete multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Experience in maintenance of imaging equipment or related professional experience a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical descriptions, vendor proposals, and project contracts. Ability to create speeches, presentations and articles for internal and external use that meet the requirements of our clients
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Have above average abilities in all Microsoft Office programs with a focus on Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and includes common noise from dogs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To apply for this position, please fill out and submit the form below